Site Map and Index
Sunday Worship 10.30 am
Sand Road, BS28 4BZ
A selection of pictures showing the roof, interior, Schoolroom, Church Organ and front , Vestry and outside views.
The Church has a comfortable seating capacity of 144 and is equipped with an amplified Sound system and also a radio loop system for
the hard of hearing: a roving microphone is available if required. There is a gallery at the rear of the church, a fine wind organ,
a pulpit and lectern. The large school room has a stage and an impressive timber roof: a small kitchen and a toilet complete the indoor
facilities. There is a graveyard (still operational) at the front of the church and a large car park at the rear. The membership of
the church as at 1st September 2012 was 16.
Church description and brief history
The church was built in 1817 replacing an earlier chapel which was built in 1795 on the site
of the present Village Hall. It is a Grade 2 listed building built of local Wedmore Stone. The Sunday School Room was built in 1896
and the church was refurbished in 1901 when a porch was added. In 2008 the vestry was completely refurbished and new furniture installed.
Minister Revd. Roly Sims
Each Sunday at 10.30am
(No regular Sunday School)
Family services are held on the third Sunday of
Coffee, tea and biscuits are served at the close of the service.
Regular events include:
Christmas Concert which draws
many local people and raises over a thousand pounds each year for the Children's Hospice South West.
A summer praise picnic followed
A fun quiz evening
An annual flower festival - see 'Circuit events in Pictures' on this site
Along with Abridge and Wedmore churches
we support the Kings of Wessex schools christian worker.